Our Environment Policy covers all activities and services undertaken by TransGrid including the planning, building and operation of infrastructure, ongoing management of these assets and their decommissioning.
We are committed to conducting our activities and services in a manner that minimises pollution and complies with relevant environmental legislation, industry standards and codes of practice.
We aim to improve our systems and processes in a manner that promotes continuous improvement in environmental management and will lead to the achievement of industry best practice.
In meeting these commitments, we are committed to:
- Maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS) that provides the framework for setting and reviewing our environmental objectives and targets, including the implementation, monitoring and review of these objectives and targets;
- Continuing to develop systems that recognise sensitive environmental and cultural sites on or near our infrastructure, and provides processes to manage and minimise our potential impacts;
- Integrating environmental management considerations into the planning, design, siting, construction, maintenance, operation, decommissioning and disposal of all TransGrid assets;
- Providing environmental training, assessment and authorisation under our Environmental Rules to employees and contractors to enable them to perform their duties in an environmentally sensitive manner;
- Engaging with the community, customers, employees, government and other stakeholders regarding potential environmental or cultural impacts associated with our plans and activities; and
- Pursuing opportunities to maximise resource efficiencies and reduce the generation of waste through avoidance, reduction, reuse and recycling programs.
Learn more about: