On 16 December 2015, we officially welcomed NSW Electricity Networks on board as the new lessee of TransGrid.
Successful in its bid to take on the 99 year lease of TransGrid, owner and operator of the NSW electricity network, the experienced Australian-led consortium is comprised of:
- Spark Infrastructure, an ASX listed owner and manager of energy infrastructure assets
- Hastings, as manager of Utilities Trust of Australia, a leading global infrastructure funds manager, with a local heritage spanning more than 20 years
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), a Canadian pension fund
- Tawreed Investments Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Wren House Infrastructure Management, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kuwait Investment Authority.
The lease provides new opportunities for the business in terms of service provision and commercialisation of services. Armed with a wealth of knowledge and specialist technical expertise, combined with a strong performance culture in pursuit of innovation, TransGrid has demonstrated that it is not only up to the challenge of responding to the needs of the changing energy landscape, but that it is well positioned to shape the future of the grid.
By streamlining the business and working to drive down costs for consumers, TransGrid has sharpened its focus on customers and delivered momentum to its growth strategy. Recognised as a leader of the pack and as a responsible, service oriented business, TransGrid has a bright future ahead.
Under the guidance of NSW Electricity Networks, TransGrid will continue to provide a safe, reliable and efficient transmission service that keeps you and your way of life connected – 24/7.
Introducing our new Board
TransGrid’s new Operations Board of Directors brings a wealth of knowledge, varied experience and value to our business. In guiding TransGrid through its exciting new chapter, the Operations Board offers strong leadership and direction. Our new Operations Board of Directors are:
- Rick Francis - Managing Director and CEO, Spark Infrastructure
- Keith Turner - Director, Spark Infrastructure
- Jean-Etienne Leroux - Regional Director, Transaction and Asset Management, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ)
- Richard Hoskins - Executive Director, Infrastructure, Hastings Funds Management
- Julie Stanley - Director, Regional Arts Victoria; former Partner at Deloitte
- Warren Mundy - Director, Sydney Desalination Plant; Adjunct Professor at the University of New South Wales.
Find out more
about the background and experience of our new Operations Board.